Ca. 1840 The Kimbrough-Hehr house situated on 80+/- acres known as the Broadwell Community. The home is situated on the old Lexington to Covington Rd., which linked the Bluegrass to Northern KY & Cincinnati across the Ohio River. The farm came from a large land grant issued to Samuel McMillan, one of the first settlers in the county by Governor Patrick Henry of Virginia. Enter the foyer with original popular flooring & beautiful stairway. Lg. living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms & 1.5 baths. The rooms have original mantels, popular flooring & 10 ft ceilings. A 1 story brick slave quarters is on the property. There is a brick smokehouse, ca. 1820 brick (covered w/ weatherboard).This structure has served as a tavern, general store, blacksmith shop, post office & a church. 5 bent barn, lg. machinery shed & riding arena. Gently rolling, mature trees & landscaping. Henry Kinney, a landscape architect landscaped the property upon his ownership. 20 min to G-town, 30 min to Lex
Listing Provided Courtesy of: DG Schell Real Estate
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by IDX Brokerage firms other than Turf Town properties, inc. are marked with the IDX logo or the IDX thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing IDX Brokers.Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed©2019 LBAR Multiple Listing Service. All rights reserved.