Ca. 1840 The Kimbrough-Hehr house situated on 80+/- acres known as the Broadwell Community. The restored home is situated on the old Lexington to Covington Rd., which linked the Bluegrass to Northern KY & Cincinnati across the Ohio River. The farm came from a large land grant issued to Samuel McMillan, one of the first settlers in the county by Governor Patrick Henry of Virginia. Enter the foyer with original poplar flooring & beautiful stairway. Lg. living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms & 1.5 baths. The rooms have original mantels, poplar flooring & 10.5 - 12 ft ceilings. A 1 story brick 3 room cottage is on the property. There is a brick smokehouse, ca. 1820 brick (covered w/ weatherboard). This structure has served as a tavern, general store, blacksmith shop, post office & a church. 5 bent barn, lg. machinery shed & riding arena. Henry Kinney, a landscape architect of the Ashland home/estate of Statesman Henry Clay before his ownership. 20 min to G-town, 30 min to Lex.
Listing Provided Courtesy of: DG Schell Real Estate
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service. Real estate listings held by IDX Brokerage firms other than Turf Town properties, inc. are marked with the IDX logo or the IDX thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing IDX Brokers.Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed©2020 LBAR Multiple Listing Service. All rights reserved.